Monday, August 15, 2005

As Much As You Can

SHOW TITLE: As Much As You Can RUNNING TIME: 1h 20m VENUE: Access Loft GENRE: Dramadi (Comedy with serious overtones) AIR CONDITIONED : Yes INTERMISSION: No

RATING (0-4): 4


RATING SCALE:


0 Run, don’t walk, away from this disaster1 Proceed with caution2 Mild summer fare3 More than just hype4 Don’t miss this one its FRINGE-tastic!COMMENTS:“As much as you can” shows us a family dealing with racism and homosexuality. The twist on this is that the African American family has to deal with their son/brother's white boyfriend. It was your classic case of conservative meets liberal. However, the way that the subject matter was handled, it seemed more realistic then cliché. I laughed, I cried, and I fell in love with this "dysfunctional family." Everyone should check out this show!

POST-FRINGE PREDICTIONS:


I can definitely see this show appearing Off-Broadway or Off-Off Broadway in the future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda said...

I loved this show. It was a little rough around the edges I agree, but it had me sitting at the edge of my seat wanting more. The actors was amazing and the energy unstopable. I also love how the play teaches tolance without being fake or cheesy. I lives in reality and truth.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home